I was recently reading an article about Reese Witherspoon’s infant, named Tennessee and I was once again dazed by the name choice. Have you noticed how when it comes to decision-making, whether it’s partner related or baby name related, some celebrities have a judgment issue? More than once I asked myself why they feel the need to give their cute little babies some of the weirdest names. I know being an actor or singer implies some kind of artistic disposition, but still… It seems that baby names books are no longer the place to look for a baby name and common names like David or Sarah are too ordinary for celebrities, so why not look in the atlas or in your grocery bag for a baby name?
We have gathered some of these strangest names and here’s a list of the “best” choices:
- Denim & Diezel – the two sons of Toni Braxton and Keri Lewis. Because who wouldn’t like to be named after your parents’ favorite piece of clothing, right?
- Blue Ivy Carter – the daughter of Beyonce and Jay-Z.
- Brooklyn – one of Victoria and David Beckham’s sons.
- Kal-el – Nicholas Cage’s son. In case you didn’t know, Kal-el is Superman’s birth name. So I guess Nicholas Cage was pretty upset for not being offered a superhero role.
- Apple – Chris Martin and Gweneth Paltrow’s baby girl.
- Kyd – David Duchovny and Tea Leoni’s kid. After so much X-Files, they probably chose this name just to remind them he’s human.
- Egypt – son of Alicia Keys and Swizz Beats.
- Pilot Inspektor – Jason Lee’s son.
- Pirate – son of Jonathan Davis (Korn).
- Sage Moonblood – Sylvester Stallone’s son.